How Can We Help?
List of Tools Needed
List of Tools Needed To Build A DIY Patio Cover
In order to build yourself a new patio cover kit, you will require a few tools and tool accessories. Some tools you may have already and others you will need to buy or rent for this project.
- With the installation of your aluminum lattice patio cover there are some
- Essential tools required and some that are optional no matter who the manufacturer is.
- There are also some *tools which you may or may not have access to but we’ll include them because they will just make your job easier
- These *Tools are easily rented.
- Razor knife
- Caulking gun
- *Cordless screwdriver
- *Cordless Impact driver
- Levels – between 3’ to *8’
- *Laser level
- Chop-saw with Carbide blade (we do not recommend a hack saw or sawzall)
- Line Level
- Concrete nails
- Pencil or china marker (No sharpie)
- Numbers #8, #10, #12, #14 Hex Head adapters
- Hex Head extension bit 2-4”
- Sawhorses or table length of the longest member
- Roto Hammer drill
- 3/8” concrete drill bit
- 3/16” concrete drill bit
- Step bit up to 5/8”
- Spade bit 5/8”
- “Blue tape”
- Safety Glasses
- Ladders 6’-10’ or *scaffolding or both